Fasd (Venesection) Therapy
Fasd is a type of detoxification procedure in which excess blood/ waste blood and toxins are evacuated by an incision on desired superficial vein maintaining a balance in the bodyhumours.
It is very old treatment method having been practiced from very ancient times by peoples including the Egyptians, the Mesopotamians, and the Greeks.Based on clinical evidences, Unani physicians have elaborated how much blood should be removed based on the patient's age, his body constitution, season, weather condition and the place where Fasd has to be performed.
In certain ailments venesection has been found very effective tool. Some of the useful applications of venesection are as follows.
- IrqunNisaa (Sciatica)
- Waja-ul- mafaasil (Arthritis)
- Niqras (Gout)
- Shara (Urticaria)
- Throat infections
- Psychiatric problems e.g. Melancholia
- Varicose veins
- Back pain
- Viral fever
- Certain Inflammatory conditions
- Weakness and debility
- Obesity with narrow vessels
- Fainthearted individuals
- Chronic diarrhea or indigestions
- Alcohol or Drug addiction
- Childhood and senile age
- Extremes of temperatures
- Fasd is to be done on advice of & under supervision of expert doctor.
- Avoid excessive physical or mental activities on the day of Fasd.
- Do not take heavy diet on the day of Fasd. Use light diet instead.
- Avoid the procedure when you are hungry or just after taking food.